Apache™ FOP Examples
Example Documents Using Apache™ FOP
These examples have been rendered using Apache™ FOP:
Other basic examples on the use of XSL-FO can be found in the FOP distribution in the subdirectory examples/fo. You can start transformation of all fo files into pdf files by running ant in this directory (only source distribution). The resulting test files can be found in examples/fo/tests
At the moment the following files are part of the distribution:
- simple.fo - a very simple file which gives use a first impression of the structure of an XSL-FO file
- normal.fo - a simple file showing the use of a 2 level of headings, normal text and a header.
- table.fo - some table examples
- list.fo - a short tutorial how to use list fo's and properties
- images.fo - shows how to embed GIF and JPEG images into the XSL-FO file using external-graphic.
- border.fo - a not so simple example how to use borders in tables
- extensive.fo - a longer test file containing a lot of different flow objects and properties. A good candidate to test your bugfix or new FOP code.
- leader.fo - shows different uses of fo:leader, p.e. as rule or in a table of content
- normalex.fo - shows the use of computed property values
- inhprop.fo - shows the use of inherited property values
- instream.fo - shows the use of fo:instream-foreign-object together with SVG
- textdeko.fo - shows the use of the property text-decoration
- readme.fo - uses an old version of FOP documentation for a longer example
Also, in the directory examples/fo/pagination you will find a suite of examples showing the use of XSL-FO pagination.
Developers will find the first steps to a test suite for all implemented formatting objects and properties in test/xml in the source distribution.
Embedding images in FO:
Look also into the directory examples/fo/svg. There you find some very extensive SVG examples.
Instream Foreign Object Examples
Instream Foreign Object images in FO, there are more on the SVG Page: